Savory Muffins I had tasted savory muffins in 2005 when I was visiting New Zealand. I found them to be not only tasty but also intriguing. By then I had not started baking muffins and also my baking skills were basic. I thought once or twice how they could be made but then left it at that.
Finally i have made them at home and here is the recipe for you.
1/2 cup grated ( I used cheddar )
|olive oil||40 ml|
|baking powder||1 1/2 tsp|
|zucchini and carrot||1 cup grated ( I used half a carrot and rest zucchini )|
|corn kernels||4 tbsp , drained|
1 1/2 tsp crushed
1/2 tsp ground
6 slices finely chopped
- Grease and line a 12 hole muffin tray.
- Squeeze zucchini and carrot to remove all water.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and sauté onion and garlic till onion turns soft and pink. Switch off gas.
- Add squeezed zucchini and carrot mix to the hot pan and stir to mix well.
- Drain corn kernels and add to the above mix.
- When the pan cools completely add pepper, cheese and jalapeños .
- Sift flour, salt and baking pd. in a large bowl.whisk to mix well.
- Now lightly mix the cooled mixture of vegetables and cheese to the above flour mix.
- Preheat oven to 180 deg.
- In a separate bowl lightly beat the egg. Now add oil and milk one after the other and beat just to mix everything well
- Pour this egg, oil and milk mix into flour mixture .
- Mix everything very lightly with a spatula. Take care not to over mix it.
- Spoon the mixture equally into the muffin tray and bake for 20 to 25 min.
- Mine didn't look golden enough so I grilled them for 5 min.
Adapted from http://www.taste.com.au/