We almost always throw away peels of vegetables, not knowing what to do with them.
Well here is my first post on the series . If you like bitter gourd then you would love this dish.
Karela skin 1 cup
Potato. 1 large boiled .
Mustard Oil. 2 -3 tbsp
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds. 1/4 tsp
Onions. 1/2 cup finely chopped
Red chilly pd. 1 tsp
Turmeric pd. 1/2 tsp
Coriander pd. 1 tsp
Fennel pd. 2 tsp
Raw mango. 2 tbsp grated
Salt. To taste
Sugar. 1+ 1 1/2 tsp
- Rub salt on peels and let them sit for 15 min.
- Boil them for 2-3 min.
- Drain and mix 1 tsp of sugar and set it aside to cool.
- Once cool squeeze to remove excess water.
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds .
- Add fennel seeds , once golden add onions. Fry till slightly brown.
- Add potato cubes . Fry for a couple of minutes .
- Now add peels and fry till slightly crisp.
- Add all spices, sugar, salt and raw mango. Give it a good stir and fry for 2 more min.
- Remove from gas.
- Taste and adjust salt.
- Add more sugar if its too bitter for your taste but remember it will be slightly bitter.
- Serve with dal rice.
** you can use any vegetable oil if you don't like the flavour of mustard oil.