Iced tea has caught up everyone's fancy in last few years. To get a real good glass of iced tea is very difficult but believe me making it at home is no rocket science.
My preparation below gives three glasses
Water 3 1/2 cups
Sugar 5 tbsp+1tsp
Tea bags 3
Mint leaves a handful
Lemon juice 6 tsp
Lemon slices 3 for garnish
Ginger paste 1/2 tsp
- Bring the water to boil and switch off the gas.
- Add sugar and tea bags. Brew for five min.
- Remove tea bags.
- Arrange a mint leaf in each cube of ice tray.
- Fill it up with brewed tea. Stash it in the freezer.
- Put a few mint leaves in the remaining tea and keep it in the fridge to chill.
To serve :
- Take 3 glasses. Put 7 - 8 prepared cubes in each glass.
- Take the cold tea from the fridge, add 6 tsp lemon juice to it and pour it over the ice cubes in the glass.Taste and adjust lemon juice
- Garnish with mint leaves and a lemon slice.
- Serve immediately.
Note: part of brewed tea is frozen as cubes coz if plain ice cubes are used to chill the tea , the tea gets diluted. These tea ice cubes maintain the flavour of iced tea till the last sip.