There is a lot of variety in Indian breads. Some like roti, parathas -- stuffed and plain which we make at home regularly . But there are some which we have a belief can't be made at home and are best eaten in a restaurant. Breaking this myth today I'll show you how easily you can make a paneer stuffed kulcha at home.
All purpose flour. 1 cup
Whole wheat flour 1 cup
Baking pd. 1/4 tsp
Baking soda. 1/2 tsp
Sugar. 1 tsp
Salt. 1/2 tsp
Yogurt. 1/3 cup
Oil. 2 tbsp + 1/2 tsp
Water (warm ) 100 ml
Butter. For brushing on kulcha
Extra flour for rolling out kulchas .
Paneer grated. 200gms
onion. 1/3 cup heaped. (finely chopped)
Green chilly. 1 finely chopped
Red chilly pd. 1 tsp
Carom seeds. 3/4 tsp
Chopped coriander 2 tbsp
Salt. To taste
- Mix all ingredients under dough except water and 1/2 tsp oil.
- Slowly add water and knead into a soft dough.
- Tip it on a floured surface and knead for a couple of min. till soft and pliable.
- Smear that 1/2 tsp of oil on the dough and knead for another min.
- Cover and Rest the dough in an oiled container for an hour.
Can be served with any rich gravy like chana masala , paneer etc .
Also tastes good with onion - tomato raita and mango pickle.