1 cup ( loosely packed with stems washed and cleaned)
1/2 cup. ( washed and cleaned)
Cauliliflower, carrot , peas and beans mixed.
250 gms. ( big cubes )
150 gms. ( cubed )
Red chilly pd.
250 gms. ( 1. 1/4 cup ) (preferred Basmati rice)
1 large sliced
Ghee / clarified butter.
1 tbsp for frying paneer.
Salt to taste
Red chilly pd.
2 1/2 cups.
Friday, March 8, 2013
Mint and Coriander flavoured Pulao (Vegetable rice)
Pulao is a very old recipe but it is never out of date and people world over make it with a lot variations, normally made with vegetables and spices, here is my version of Pulao. Hope you enjoy it my way.
1. Using little water grind items under green paste into a fine paste.
2. Marinade paneer using items under marinade for 20 min and then fry it till golden and keep it aside.
3. Wash and soak rice for 20 min.
4. Heat oil in a deep , heavy bottomed pan and add whole masala.
5. When it crackles add onion and fry till lightly golden.
6. Add vegetables , stir for a minute.
7. Add fried paneer, red chilly pd, green paste, salt. Stir to mix.
8. Drain the rice and add to the above mix.
9. Add water and give it a boil.
10. Cover and cook on slow till half done.
11. Now add lime juice and garam masala. Mix lightly and cover and cook on slow till rice is done.
12. Mildly flavoured vegetable rice is ready. Garnish with chopped coriander.
13. Serve hot . Pour a little ghee/ clarified butter on individual plates.
14. Serve with raita ( spiced yogurt), pickle and papad.
15. I also serve fried okra in tangy gravy with the above accompaniments.