Mildly infused with fennel pd and capsicum this panner curry is a delight.
Most of the paneer dishes are quite rich but you will find that this one isn't. Quite simple to make , great to taste. I would urge you to try it once.
Ingredients: Serves 4
Paneer 200gms cubed into 1" pieces
Capsicum 1 ( 125 gms) chopped in cubes
Onion 1 med.(100gms) chopped very finely
Tomatoes 4 medium sized ( 400 gms )
Frozen corn 1/2 cup ( thawed)
Ginger paste 1 tsp
Garlic paste 1 1/2 tsp ( optional)
Oil 1 1/2 tbsp
Black cumin 1/2 tsp
Green chilly 1/2 chopped
Red chilly pd 1 1/2 tsp
Turmeric pd 1/2 tsp
Coriander pd 1 1/2 tsp
Fennel pd 2 tsp
Kasoori Methi 1 tbsp
Cashew nut pd 2 tbsp
Yogurt 2 tbsp
Fresh malai( cream). 2tbsp
Water 1 cup
Milk 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
Honey. 1-2 tsp
Chopped coriander. 2 tbsp
- Blanch, peel and blend tomatoes, your homemade purée is ready.
- Heat oil in a deep nonstick pan and add black cumin.
- Once they change color tip in garlic, green chilly and onion.
- Fry on low to medium heat till onions turn pinkish brown.
- Add tomato purée and ginger paste. Cover and cook on low heat for 2-3 min.
- Once purée thickens a little, add capsicum, red chilly pd, coriander pd and turmeric pd.
- Cook till oil separates.
- Meanwhile whisk together yogurt, malai and cashew nut pd.
- Add this to the pan and mix well. Add corn and kasuri methi. Cook for a minute.
- Now add paneer, water, milk , salt and honey.
- Bring it to a boil and let it simmer covered till oil separates.
- Add fennel pd mix well and cook for a minute.
- Remove from fire.
- Taste and adjust salt and honey.
- Garnish with chopped coriander .
- Serve with an Indian bread of your choice.
Note: you can adjust the amount of honey as per your taste.
Grind cashew nuts lightly to make cashew nut pd . It need not be very fine.
Cashew nuts can be powdered and stored in the fridge.
I prefer to use cashew nut powder than cashew nut paste. It's less time consuming and less hassle.
Fennel pd should be added in the end to keep its aroma intact.