For this recipe you don't need a specially made dough laden with fats. You can use regular roti ( flat bread) dough that's in your fridge. It is the technique that's very important. I have given a step by step guide with pictures to help you nail a perfect Lachcha Paratha with very little oil/ ghee(clarified butter) . I have used oil.
Ingredients: gives 2 parathas
Whole wheat dough 200 gms
Oil/ ghee.(clarified butter) 4 tsp
- Heat a non stick girdle.
- Take 80-100 gms dough and shape it into a ball.
- Press it lightly and roll it in flour.
- Using a rolling pin roll it into an 8" disc.
- Apply 1/2 +1/4tsp oil on half of the disk .
- On the other half sprinkle two large pinches of dry flour.
Fold it in similar manner. Now you have a long band of dough.
- Roll it in flour and press lightly.
- Roll it out into an 8" disk.
- Place it on the hot girdle.
- Flip it to other side once you see golden spots.
- Apply 1 tsp oil / ghee and press it lightly with a spatula.
- Flip it over and apply oil .
- Remove from girdle when slightly dark golden spots appear on both sides.
- Lightly crush with your palm to open up the layers.
- Repeat the process with the other portion of the dough.
- Serve hot with a gravy of your choice.