Kebabs, an all time favourite at home. My son always complains that I make kebabs only when we have guests at home . So today I stumped him by making a kebab meal.
Note: A little more than half a cup dry bengal gram (chana) would give you 1 1/2 cup boiled chana.
Ingredients: gives 8 kebabs
To be pulsed :
Black gram ( kala chana) 1 1/2 cup ( boiled)
Ridge gourd. 2 large
Green chilly 2 finely chopped
Ginger paste 2tsp
Garlic crushed 2 tsp
Mint. 2tbsp chopped
Coriander. 2tbsp chopped
Chaat masala 2 tsp
Garam masala 1 tsp
Roasted gram flour 2 tbsp
Pepper pd. 1/2 tsp
Salt. To taste
Oil for basting
- Wash and soak black gram overnite.
- Pressure cook with sufficient water and 1/2 tsp salt till done.
- Strain and keep them aside.
- Wash , peel and chop ridge gourd.
- Pressure cook with 1/4 cup water and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Strain and keep aside.
- Crush cloves in mortar and pestle , keep aside.
- In a food processor pulse well all ingredients mentioned under " to be pulsed" .
- Tip it in a bowl. Add all ingredients mentioned under spices . Mix well.
- Adjust salt and pepper as per taste .
- Divide the batter into 8 equal parts.
- Roll into balls and flatten slightly.
- Keep covered in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Heat a nonstick girdle, smear some oil and cook the kebabs on both sides till dark golden.
- Brush the kebabs with some more oil while they are cooking.
Serve immediately with mint chutney, sliced onions .
You can also pair them with my saffron - cardamom flavoured rotis .