This salad I first had many years ago in a nondescript restaurant . My sister and I loved it so much that we created it at home . It is an amazing accompaniment with drinks.
Ingredients : Serves 4-5
Cucumber. 2 small
Tomato 2 med.sized
Onion ( small). 1/2
Yellow bell pepper. 1/2
Roasted Peanuts. 1/2 cup
Tomato ketchup 1 tbsp
Light soy sauce 3 tsp
Red chilly sauce 3 tsp
Ground pepper 1/2 tsp
Vinegar 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Cilantro chopped 2 tbsp
Ginger paste 1/2 tsp
- Whisk all ingredients mentioned under dressing and keep it in the fridge to chill.
- Cut all vegetables into small cubes.
- Add cilantro , mix well, cover with a cling film and refrigerate till serving time.
- Just before serving add peanuts to the vegetables.
- Pour dressing over the vegetables. Mix well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning .
- Serve immediately.
If you don't have red chilly sauce , you can use green chilly sauce.
peanuts should be roasted and skinned .
You can roast peanuts and skin them in advance . Store in an air tight container and they stay fresh for months. You will always find roasted peanuts in my pantry.
To roast peanuts in microwave : take 250 gms peanuts in a 8-9"round shallow glass dish. Micro on high for 6 minutes.
Stir after every. 2 minutes to avoid burning .
Remove and let them cool completely.
Skin then and store in an air tight container.