Delicately flavoured rotis. Ideal to be served with a Kebab of your choice.
Ingredients : gives 8 rotis
All purpose flour. 1 1/2cup
Warm milk. 1/3 cup
Saffron a few strands
Cardamom pd 1 tsp
Sugar 1 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Oil 1 tbsp
Fine semolina 1 tbsp
Water as required.
- Mix saffron , cardamom pd, salt, sugar, semolina and oil in milk.
- Let it stand for five minutes.
- Take flour in a bowl.
- Make a hole in the centre and pour the milk mixture.
- Mix properly. Add water if needed to get a soft dough.
- I used 1 1/2 tbsp water.
- Knead for a couple of minutes to increase its elasticity .
- Cover and let it rest for an hour.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal parts.
- Roll between your palms to make smooth balls.
- Heat a nonstick girdle.
- Using very little flour roll out one ball into a 5" diameter disk.
- Carefully lift it and place it on the hot girdle. Cook on each side till golden spots appear on the surface.
- Use a wide spatula or a cotton kitchen towel pad to lightly press the roti on both sides.
- This helps the roti to not only cook well but also puff up.
- Brush butter on one side .
- Serve immediately with a kebab of your choice, mint chutney and finely sliced onions.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining balls.