Ingredients gives 8-10 pieces
Toned Milk 1 lit
Lemon juice 2 tbsp
Fine granulated sugar 4 tbsp
Strawberry jam 1-2 tbsp
- Boil the milk in a heavy bottom pan.
- When it comes to a boil, add lemon juice stirring all the time.
- You will see the milk curdling and whey separating.
- Strain it over a cheese cloth or muslin cloth.
- Wash it couple of times to remove the sourness of lemon juice.
- Squeeze it to remove all the water.
- Keep it in a flat platter and knead it well , till it is smooth.
- Now mix in the sugar , cover and let it sit till the sugar melts, may be half an hour.
- Now knead again . It should be very smooth.
- Divide into 8-10 equal portions.
- Shape each portion into a ball. Press to flatten a little.
- Now make an indention with your thumb.
- Carefully place a drop of strawberry jam.
- Repeat with the remaining balls.
- Keep in the refrigerator.
- Serve chilled.
- You should knead it as soon as you finish washing the paneer. Don't leave it for later. It kneads really well and turns smooth with very little effort when done while still warm.
- This recipe gives you mildly sweet Sandesh . That's how I like it.
- Taste once sugar has melted. Adjust as per your taste.
- I have used home made strawberry jam. I like the tartness of the jam against the sweetness of Sandesh .
- You can use a jam of your choice .