Ingredients gives 6 patty
Boiled potato 3
Boiled kidney beans 1/2 cup
Boiled black chana ( whole Bengal Gram) 1 cup
Oil 1 tsp + for pan frying
Spring onion 3 tbsp ( only white chopped finely )
Garlic crushed 1 tsp
Ginger paste 1 tsp
Bread crumbs 1/4 cup + 1/4 cup (homemade)
Ground pepper 3/4 tsp
Salt. To taste
- Pulse potatoes, kidney beans and black chana in food processor .
- It should be a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Tip in onions and garlic. Sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add ginger. Stir and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the coarse paste and cook for 1 minute stirring all the while.
- Remove from fire and let it cool.
- Mix in salt , pepper and 1/4 cup bread crumbs.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
- Divide into 6 equal portions.
- Shape into balls and flatten a little using your finger tips.
- Roll in bread crumbs.
- Pan fry with little oil on a hot grill pan, until golden on both sides.
- Remove on a kitchen towel.
- Your burger patties are ready now! Go ahead and make a burger.
My burger: with stir fried veggies.