Today I made Bisi Bhele Bhat for lunch. Did not want to fry papad as always to accompany it. I remembered there was some boiled rice lying in the fridge. Boiled potato is generally available in my fridge. I decided to try out a patty using the two. They turned out delicious, real crispy because of the rice. Surprisingly very filling. Very quick and easy to make. Would be a wonderful snack for kids when they come back from school.
If you don't have boiled potato available in the fridge. Here is a quick fix. Wash a potato. Prick it with a knife all over. Micro it for 5-6 minutes on high along with half a glass or water. Let it rest for a few minutes. Your boiled potato is ready.
Ingredients: gives 6
1 cup Boiled rice
1 large Boiled potato
1/2 Green chilli finely chopped
1/2tsp Red chilli powder
1/2 tsp Raw mango powder
1/4 tsp Garam masala
3/4 tsp Ginger paste
1 tbsp Coriander chopped
Salt to taste
Oil for shallow frying
- Grate the potato .
- Lightly mash the rice .
- Mix all the ingredients together .
- Taste and adjust the salt .
- Divide it into 6 equal portions .
- Shape them into balls .
- Press with your fingers to flatten slightly.
- Refrigerate for half an hour to one hour.
- Shallow fry till golden and crisp on both sides.
- Remove on kitchen towel to drain off excess oil.
- Serve immediately with mint chutney or tomato ketchup.