Couscous is a Morrocon staple made from semolina. What we get in the market here is American Couscous which gets ready in 5 minutes whereas the Morrocon Couscous takes much longer to cook.
I have added Sumac which is a Lebanese condiment. It should be available in Gourmet stores. It's completely optional.
Ingredients Serves 2
Water 110 ml.
Sumac pd 1/2 tsp ( optional)
Cumin pd 1/2 tsp
Red chilli pd 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Pomegranate 2 tbsp
Coriander 1 tbsp chopped
Mint 1 tbsp chopped
- Take couscous in a deep bowl.
- Pour boiling water over it. Cover the bowl with a cling film for 5 minutes.
- Fluff it with a fork.
- Sprinkle all the spices. Lightly mix with a fork.
- Garnish with chopped herbs and pomegranate .
- To serve top it with stir fried vegetables or chicken or fish or lamb. The choice is yours.
- I served it with stir fried vegetables.