A tasty and quick to make side dish.
Ingredients: serves 3-4
Snake Gourd 500 gms
Oil 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Red Chilly pd 1tsp
Turmeric pd 1/2 tsp
Coriander pd 1 1/2 tsp
Ginger paste 1 tsp
Chickpea flour 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Raw mango pd 1/4 tsp
- Wash and scrape snake gourds.
- Cut them into two lengthwise and remove pith. Now cut them into small pieces.
- Keep them on a colander for an hour to drain off excess water.
- Heat oil in a pan. Crackle mustard seeds.
- Add whole red chilly pd, turmeric pd, coriander pd, salt , ginger paste( in this order). Mix properly.
- Sieve chickpea flour over these spices.
- Mix well and add chopped snake gourd.
- Stir, cover and cook on low heat till snake gourd is done.
- Stir a couple of times in between.
- Once snake gourd is done, remove the lid and stir fry for a minute on medium flame so that it dries out completely.
- Mix in raw mango pd.
- Remove from fire.
- Taste and adjust salt.
- Serve with an Indian bread of your choice.