Phirni is traditionally served in individual earthen bowls. Since the festive season is round the corner I have served it in silver bowls. You can use earthen bowls also.
Ingredients: serves 3
Milk 300 ml.
Sugar 2 tbsp
Basmati Rice 2 tbsp
Rose petals 4 tbsp
- Soak almonds overnight. Peel them .
- Wash rose petals properly and grind them in a mortar and pestle .
- Soak rice and peppercorns for half an hour.
- Grind rice , almonds and peppercorns finely. Add 2-3 tbsp water as required.
- Dissolve the rice paste in some milk and make it thin.
- Take milk in heavy bottomed pan, bring it to a boil.
- Stir in the rice paste, continue cooking on medium heat.
- Stir continuously till it attains creamy consistency and the rice is cooked.
- Add sugar . Taste and add more if required. Stir , Simmer till fully dissolved. Remove from fire.
- Mix in the rose petal paste. Keep aside 1 tsp.
- Pour into individual bowls. Now stir in the remaining rose petal paste in each bowl.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Serve chilled.